Get About is a door-to-door transportation service for seniors and disabled persons in the Pomona Valley. Get About is funded and sponsored by the cities of Claremont, LaVerne, Pomona and San Dimas and is operated on their behalf by the Pomona Valley Transportation Authority. Community Senior Services provides registration services for Get About.
Riders registered with Get About can travel throughout the Pomona Valley, Monday through Sunday. All they need to do is call the day before their trip. For more information or to register for get About, please call (909) 621-9900. To reserve a ride, call (909) 596-5964.
What is Get About?
- A special service providing transportation for the elderly and disabled persons living in the four cities of Claremont, La Verne, Pomona, and San Dimas.
- Door-to-door transportation serving many by sharing rides.
- Wheelchair accessible vehicles are available.
- Get About service is provided using vans, minivans and cabs. Get About cannot accept requests for specific types of vehicles (for example cabs or minivans).
FOR RIDES CALL: (909) 596-5964
For our riders with difficulty hearing or communicating verbally over the phone, please make use of the 711 service:
How to make a relay call:
1. Dial 711
2. Inform the operator either by voice or TTY device the number you are calling
3. The operator will make the connection and begin the relay
To be eligible to ride Get About, a person must be:
- A senior citizen (60 years of age or over)
- A disabled person (of any age)
- Have your registration on file at the Get About office
To Register, Call: (909) 621-9900
Get About offers transportation from anywhere to anywhere in the four cities of Claremont, La Verne, Pomona, and San Dimas.
Service is also available directly to Montclair Plaza and to Doctor's Hospital in Montclair. Trips starting in the regular Get About service area may travel to an extended service area in Covina and Glendora. These destinations must be east of Grand Avenue, north of the I-10 freeway and south of Foothill Boulevard Get About also serves Queen of Valley Hospital, West Covina, Cal-Poly Pomona and Mount San Antonio College. Transfer connections can be made to Omnitrans Access or to the Glendora Mini-bus Service.
Everyday except holidays.
Weekdays....6:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.*
Saturday......8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
Sunday........7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
*last scheduled pick-up time available
$1.00 each way or you may purchase 12 tickets for $10.00. Trips starting or ending in Get About's western extended service area cost $2.00 per one way trip. See the News/Events section for more information. Call 621-9900 for details. Some cities offer special discounts - check with your City Hall for information.
NOTE: Tickets for nutrition program transportation can be obtained at the meal sites in all four cities.
How do I reserve a ride?
Reservations should be made at least one day in advace. Same day transportation is available space permitting. To make a reservation, call the Get About operator at 596-5964 or TDD (909) 784-3658 and have the following information ready:
- Your name
- The address where you'd like to be picked up
- The address where you are going, and the time you want to be there.
If you are in a wheelchair or use mobility aids, please tell the operator.
When to be ready?
The operator can assist you in scheduling your pick up so that you will arrive at your destination on time. You will be given an estimated time for pickup. The vehicle should arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled pick up time. For example if you request a 10:00 a.m. pick up you will be given a 10:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. reservation. Please be ready a little ahead of time.
Remember that Get About is a shared ride service. We do not offer direct trips.
Can I cancel my trip?
Definitely, cancel your trip if your plans change. We can service you better if you cancel unneeded trips. Call 596-5964.
Seat Belts must be worn. Wheelchairs must have seat belts and be in good condition.
Get About cannot accommodate mobility devices larger than 30" x 48" or riders in devices with a combined weight (including the device) in excess of 600 lbs.
Please limit shopping or grocery bags to the amount that can be carried by one person - 5 or 6 bags.
Get About is funded by:
- The cities of: Claremont, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas
- L.A. County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- U.S. and California Departments of Transportation
- Donations from community organizations
- Fares and support from our riders, volunteers, and other interested persons.
Registration, ticket sales and community outreach for Get About is provided by Community Senior Services.