To schedule a ride, call 909-596-5964 or dial 711 for the hearing impaired.Back to all programs →
Hours of OperationWeekdays: 6:00am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 7:30am - 5:00pm
|Regular Service Area||$1.00|
|Extended Service Area||$2.00|
|12-$1 Ticket Book||$10.00|
Who can ride
Get About is a door-to-door transportation service for seniors (60+) and disabled persons in the cities of Claremont, La Verne, Pomona and San Dimas.
Where we take you
Get About will take you anywhere in Claremont, La Verne, Pomona and San Dimas. Service is also provided to Montclair Place, Montclair Transit Center, and Montclair Medical Center. Riders can also travel West of the Pomona Valley to Grand Avenue or designated locations further West for an additional fare.
To head further East beyond LA County, check out One Step (for people with disabilities only). For same day service, use Ready Now.
How to start
Riders must be registered to use Get About and must provide their name, address, date of birth and phone number to register.
Riders registered for Claremont Dial-a-Ride or San Dimas Dial-a-Cab are already registered for Get About.
- To register now online, fill out our registration form here.
- To register by phone, call PVTA at (909) 596-7664 from 8:30 am to 6 pm Mon – Fri.
- To register by mail, complete this form and mail to Pomona Valley Transportation Authority, 2120 Foothill Blvd #116, La Verne, CA 91750.
Riders who complete registration will be mailed an ID card with a unique identification number.
- Reservations are required and can be placed 1 to 7 days before your trip. Call 909-596-5964 or 711 for the hearing impaired.
- This is a door-to-door service. Let us know when you register if you’ll need any special assistance.
- Get About is a shared ride service. The vehicle may make other pickups or drop offs along the way. Please allow at least 30 minutes of travel time.
- Our accessible vehicles can accommodate mobility devices up to 30″ wide by 48″ long and up to 600 pounds including the passenger. Larger or heavier devices may not be able to be transported.
- Grocery bags are limited to the number you can carry.